Friday 28 October 2011

LONDONTOWN

london%2Bbridge%2Bwallpaper%2B3 London pics wallpaper

Well I am off to London this evening, and I couldn’t be more excited. It has been a couple years now since my last visit to this wonderful city and I can’t wait to be there once again!

I have been to London twice before and I just love the energy and excitement you feel when you are there, like it is really ‘the place to be’. There is SOO much to do, and see and eat it is hard to cram it all in to a 2 week vacation….but it will be done.

I love the history of the city, beautiful churches, historical buildings gorgeous museums and galleries that really take your breath away. On my last trip I just couldn’t get enough pictures of the architecture of the city and the quaintness of the countryside and old cobblestone roads.

So as my husband and I were planning out the itinerary for the trip (which you really need to do or its just overwhelming) I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to hit up some design hotspots. London is known for being so ahead of us in fashion, design etc. I want to seize the chance to see what is out there in good old Londontown. As I was doing my research I came across an awesome post from the Design Sponge blog called London Design Guide. They have outlined tons of great London design spots including small shops, department stores and many of the markets throughout the city.

The list is tres long and I am planning on narrowing down where I would like to go on my very looooooong flight over, but here are a few that stood out:

Liberty – Mix of Vintage and Modern furniture with a big lighting department








Mint – for a little ‘window shopping’


Selfridges –  A department store which supposedly has a fantastic interiors section

And of course will have to check out Portobello market and Borough market for some one of kind finds!

I will hopefully be able to post some pics from the trip while I am away of what I have been up to and any of the great design finds I come across in my travels! Cheerio!

~ Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment