Tuesday 25 October 2011

Shout Out to Urban Barn!!!

Now if you know me then you know that Urban Barn is my old stomping grounds, such a great Canadian grown company with awesome product I just love it. I  learned so much about furniture and how to piece together the perfect unique space for a persons individual taste during my time there. As with any retail job it seems that is where my paychecks always ended up, but it was well worth it :)

Urban Barn is known for its modern and contemporary styles along with innovative and sometimes ‘out there’ accessories. I have to say I was so impressed with my last visit in to the store. They had just gotten there new shipment of accessories, bedding, pillows and artwork and I wasn’t leaving empty handed that’s for sure.

For seasonal I purchased the Mini Cinderella Pumpkins which you may have seen me use for my dining table centrepiece.

Cinderella's Pumpkin


LOVING their new Karma Toss Cushions, such great colours and design interest.

Karma Cushion

Owls are everywhere!!! I don’t know what it is – but owls are in! Anything from an accent owl on your side table, to owl bookends, to owl toss cushions. Loved what UB had in the way of this.

Owl on Base

Owl on Bike Cushion

Chic French inspired wall hooks.

Pillet-Will Wall Hook


Eschenauer Wall Hook

Chateau Lafite Wall Hook



Contemporary wall clock – ‘White and Black Oval Clock’

White & Black Oval Clock

And much much more! You can check out their website below. Urban Barn is also great for custom sofas, loveseats, chairs and even headboards. This way you are able to pick the perfect furniture piece to fit your space in a fabric you love!  Urban Barn

Another great tool on there website is ‘The Make Room’ it is an easy to use interactive room planner. This is sooo great for anyone wanting to plan or design a space. It can be so frustrating measuring out a space for furniture and often very expensive mistakes are made. Using this tool you can plan out exactly what will fit in your space which will also give you a great visual plan view of your room that you can print off and take with you on your furniture shop! I love useful design tools like this, it makes the planning process much easier. You can check this out below.
Make Room

Hope you found these design tips useful! ~ Daniela

2 comments:

  1. the make room tool is super useful! Thanks for sharing!! Right now we're planning our kitchen with Ikea's kitchen planner (a requirement for ordering from them, but also helpful), but that's just the first of a few major rooms we'll be working on!

    - Megan-Jane Good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard the Ikea Kitchen planner is really good as well, sounds like the perfect time for you to use The Make Room :) Have you guys moved??? Sounds like you are doing a lot, how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete