Tuesday 1 October 2013

21 Weeks

With the arrival of Baby Cooper coming closer and closer I have decided to transform my Making Life Lovely Blog into a little bit of everything. I must confess I have once again fallen off the blogging wagon and have found it hard to keep on top of juggling both my design blog and everyday life blog, so why not combine them?!

Sam and I are beyond thrilled and excited about the arrival of our sweet baby boy. Anyone who is close to me is a little bit shocked by the fact that I am having a boy. I have always been a girly girl and I think everyone assumed Baby Coops would be a girl, SURPRISE. We are so excited, I always thought  it would be so cool to have an older brother I couldn't be happier that our first is a boy and look so forward to the many adventures, activities and craziness our lives have in hold with our little man.

At almost 22 weeks I have noticed the biggest changes in my physical appearance in the last 2. It is crazy how much your body changes, and of course you see those changes slowly happening but it is now definitely obvious to the rest of the world that there is a baby in my belly, which is nice because that means I am finally getting out of that awkward stage where you just look like you are gaining weight. Baby boy is about the size of a banana right now and 7 inches long. I am feeling his kicks more and more, and I feel him the most in the mornings and evenings when I am stretched out on the couch. It is the best feeling ever and I love knowing he is there and healthy and moving around, it makes it so much more real!

           


I have been really fortunate to have felt great this whole pregnancy so far!! No morning sickness, no overwhelming fatigue and I have been able to continue working out and staying active which makes me feel energized and good knowing I am doing my best to keep my body in shape while it goes through many many changes. No major cravings other than I could eat handfuls of chocolate chips morning, noon and night....hopefully my working out is counteracting that! Things I miss most -  definitely wine, spicy tuna rolls and of course diet pepsi :)

It has been a whole new world of baby gear! Researching all the different, car seats, slings, carriers, strollers, cribs, and diaper bags is a little overwhelming in the beginning, good thing I love to shop and LOVE planning. So far we have checked the stroller, car seat, diaper bag and baby bath off the list. My mom was able to come and visit me in Santa Monica a few weeks ago and it was so amazing having her here and to share this special time together. She was determined that we get some baby stuff accomplished on her trip down and was amazing, knowing all the right questions to ask the sales people, making me test everything out and not just go off what I 'like the look of', moms are so great aren't they?!

 Here are some of the products we have purchased so far that I am super excited about. 

The Chicco Keyfit 
This wasn't my first choice, but it has the highest safety rating for infant car seats right now and it didn't weigh a ton so I knew I could handle lugging it around once baby boy was in it.


Timi and Leslie Diaper Bag
This is my guilty pleasure and one my husband will never understand but I wanted to have something that I could use as a purse as well, all in one, and I love that it comes with different straps, even ones you can attach to  the handles of your stroller!!



The Puj Baby Tub
This is perfect if like us you are living in a smaller city apartment. The Puj is a foam material that is super soft for that newborn skin and folds right into your bathroom sink. It flattens when you take it out and you can hang to dry and store. 


                                   


The City Mini GT 
The perfect size for me and so very easy to use. You can just pull a strap in the centre of the stroller to fold it in half and you can also lock the front wheel to jog or use on rougher terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment