Tuesday 8 October 2013

Almost 23 Weeks!!

Well in one more day I will be 23 weeks and officially six months!! This will be the last month of my 2nd trimester, which is a little bit freaky, not quite sure where the past six months went??...I am still feeling good, but definitely more and more pregnant, having moments of discomfort where I feel like everything inside me is being squished together and noticing I have to take it easy more often then before. All in all though I am doing great and getting more and more excited about meeting our little guy soon! I know the next few months are going to fly by with thanksgiving and then Christmas, Mini Coops will be here before we know it. 


* Note my tribute to the Vancouver Canucks the night they smoked the Edmonton Oilers!!!

 Sam and I are going home to Vancouver tomorrow for a week so we can be there for Canadian Thanksgiving :) Sooooooooooooo excited!! Bring on the cozy sweaters, scarfs, boots and crisp fall days, even some rain I don't care I am just looking forward to being home. This is one of my favorite times of year (besides Christmas) in BC and I have missed it terribly. It is definitely an adjustment living in California without the seasons, it just seems wrong. We are currently having a heatwave and it has been the warmest month all year, warmer then our summer. So our apartment is decked out with pumpkins, fall decorations and yummy smelling candles to help with the illusion of fall, but I haven't bought a real pumpkin yet because I think if I put it out on our deck it will rot from the heat :p Baby boy and I are both looking forward to some Thanksgiving treats while I am back, some pumpkin flavored desserts, turkey, stuffing Mmmmm. 

Lately I have been a bit of a psychotic nesting pregnant women. This past weekend Sam and I dedicated our Saturday to going through the closet in the future babies room. Up until now it has served as a bit of a scary storage closet that has been on the 'to do' list to go through and organize since our move. Living in a smaller space can have its challenges and it all comes down to organization to makes things run smoothly. One thing I love is when I can finally get Sam started on a project, he gets so into it and becomes this master organizing worker bee, which is great for me :) 

* Sam being such a a good husband going through all his crap, I mean things ;) Check out Leo the Lion chair which will grace baby boys room soon, too cute!!

So we were able to tackle the closet and make a ton of space and get rid of a lot. Our second bedroom which has served as spare room, slash tv/video game room is going to become baby boys room. The TV will be moving out and the crib and change table will be moving in! 

I have been obsessing slightly and pinning into oblivion on pinterest my ideas and vision for the nursery until my eyes bleed. Sam and I make a good team in that he is the brakes and reality for me, so when my restoration hardware nursery had to be scaled down a tad...... scratch that, A LOT, I was able to come up with a realistic concept for babies room, compromising on not spending a fortune on furniture but then possibly allowing my restoration bedding..?? My theme for the room is 'calm baby' I am not a fan of loud colours and cheesy prints which can be challenging when looking because that is the majority of what is out there. Though I do want to leave some aspects a surprise we have decided on a Jenny Lind crib which is affordable, has great reviews and will look darling in the room with bedding on it. I would love to find some unique piece for the dresser/change table which I am currently on the look out for, but if I can't find anything suitable we may just go with the Ikea hemnes dresser and jazz it up with some personalized hardware. Lastly I am so excited to have some floating book shelves to display favorite books and change it up seasonally. My mom said when I was little she used to open the books up in my room and leave them on the floor so I could crawl up and read them. I so want baby boy to be a reader that will fuel a creative and fun imagination so I love this idea of having his books accessible and on display.

* The Jenny Lind Crib, looks a little stark on its own but with bedding looks fantastic



 *Floating bookshelf example....LOVE
* I am really loving banners lately and like the idea adding some colour and interest to the room.
* This is a bit too plain for me, but I like the clean lines and crib, and another example of the floating bookshelf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment