Wednesday 30 October 2013

Where did October go??!.....

I actually mean it, where did October go?! I cannot believe it is already November on Friday!! What a busy month this has been. We had an absolutely wonderful visit home to Vancouver for Canadian Thanksgiving, which seems like such a long time ago already! It was so great to be in my homeland :) and to be around friends and family. We totally lucked out with having the most amazing weather while we were back, not one day of rain, every day was sunny and crisp, just like all those perfect BC fall days I know and love. It is always a little bittersweet visiting because it still feels like home to both Sam and I...but not because our day to day lives aren't there anymore, very strange feeling. Thanks so much to all our many friends who made such an effort to see us while we were back, it means so much to both of us!! I don't know if it was all the turkey or the White Spot I consumed or if Baby Coops just decided to grow a ton that week but there was a noticeable change in the bump from the beginning of trip to the end, probably a little bit of both ;)


 


 My mom LOVES that Sam has become our families official turkey man
 Beautiful White Rock Beach
 
 Since we have been back in Cali things seem to have been busy. Sam is getting ready for the launch of the game he works on which happens sometime next week, and we both have been doing a lot with iEmpathize which is the non profit we help out with and love doing, and of course as always baby, baby, baby :)
 
Baby Coops is just over 2 lbs, crazy, and I am growing everyday it seems. Sam and I randomly went to a parenting session at our church because we thought it couldn't hurt...we left a little scared haha, not really but it was quite funny hearing what the speaker had to say and what other parents shared, raising a little person is no small task! Other than that our crib arrived and Sam put it together last weekend, very exciting and we love it. We also got a chest of drawers from a store here in LA called Nadeau-Furniture with Soul, which is perfect because this is just the kind of store I have been searching for since we moved. The furniture has a slightly antique/distressed look to it and tons of character for a reasonable price. The cats were freaking out with the arrival of all this new gear, they got all excited climbing over everything acting like it was the best day of their lives, the other day I actually found Jasmine in our closet tucked under the blanket in baby boys car seat, sigh, those two have a lot of change coming their way.
 
Ok I just realized brunette is only for girls, sorry baby boy...lets re-phrase blond or brown hair?
 
What an allstar, crib is all put together!! We are total keeners!
 
Nadeau dresser/change table
 
Slowly but surely baby stuff seems to be coming together, and I must announce I have officially made my most AMAZING craigslist purchase ever. Now I am not usually a craigslister but every mom and friend of mine with kids I talk to tells me about all these steals they find. It started off shakey for me with a lot of crap and flakey scammers, but I finally scored and got the exact swing, bouncer, playmat and bumbo off my list almost all brand new and perfect condition!!! All of this was well under half of what it cost brand new and I am pretty proud of myself, and had to brag about my craiglist allstar moment. Seriously I mean, I got the baby einstein neptune ocean adventure mat which costs $60 brand new, totally criminal, for $15...boooo yaaaa :)
 
Sam and the cats checking out the goods - I think he loves me more when I save us money ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment