Monday 23 June 2014

Beach Weekend

We had a great weekend spent at the beach. We decided to stay close to home and take advantage of the awesome beachfront that is a hop skip and a jump from our place. I had just ordered Henry a UV tent off Amazon, which by the way I buy almost everything off of these days using Amazon prime, soooo convenient when you have a baby and things can be shipped right to your door in 2 days! Anyways we thought we would put the tent to good use, and packed up all our gear for the day.
 
 
 This is how we do the beach :)
 
 
The weather has been amazing here so it was so wonderful to just soak it up for a few hours. Henry loved it as we watched the waves and dipped his toes in, was so fun to see him taking it all in. Even though we go for lots of walks down there it was his first time actually in the sand and up close to the ocean, all these firsts are so fun to experience!






 

Sam and I tag teamed entertaining the munchkin so we each got a few moments to ourselves to lounge and read...one day I will finish my Game of Thrones book Dance of Dragons...one day, sigh.
 

We are lucky our kid sleeps anywhere!!

 
The only age its ok to have man boobs. Those rolls <3
 

 
All in all it was a wonderful two days. Sam and I looked like pack horses on the walk down, and we were totally 'those new parents' trying to get the UV tent back into its case at the end of the day, but we got there and by day two looked like old pros.
 






 
I had an unfortunate experience where I somewhat lost my mind when I thought a sea creature had suctioned onto my big toe. I was having a lovely moment with Henry, walking in the waves, when all of a sudden I felt something gooey on my foot that wouldn't come off.. I looked down to see a big black glob that I was convinced was some sort of leech/jellyfish and ran like a crazy woman up to Sam to make him get it off. It was in fact tar, which is pretty disgusting and sad. After about 20 minutes of picking it off  with my nails and using an endless amount of baby wipes I was able to get most of it off with only a small amount of lingering tar smell, gross. As grossed out that I was that this happened to me it made me so sad for our beautiful ocean and all God's little sea creatures having to swim around in globs of tar and whatever else we are sending down there. Ok there is my rant. Sam says I have to work on my composure in these moments - haha, he is right, I am a parent now.





 
Our second day we ended by going to Sunny Blue's on Main Street by our house where we got delicious omnusubi which is basically hot rice balls of goodness filled with beef or chicken or salmon and is mmm mm good. Anyone who wants to come visit I will take you there!! I am not above bribery ;)
 
 We took it home and watched the USA/Portugal game, was the end to a great weekend. Counting down to the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment