Monday 16 June 2014

Fathers Day Weekend

Happy Monday Everyone!! Weekends go by way too fast always, but we had a wonderful time celebrating a super special guy in our life! It was Sam's first Daddy's Day this year so it was a special event for us. I like to make a celebration out of everything I can , so we started the morning off with a special Daddy's breakfast of chocolate chip scones, eggs and fruit and of course I did a little walk to Starbucks for his fave morning drink and a necessary one these days, a non fat latte. I remember last year getting Sam a daddy to be card before anyone knew mini coops was on the way but us. It was fun to remember that time and to see a year later how much our lives have changed with our newest addition and to be celebrating all three of us together.



 
First official dad gift....a mug and socks!! There will be many more years of that gift to come. Very fitting with a 'Best Dad Ever' mug and my favorite Arrogant English Socks ;)
 
We spent the rest of our afternoon getting some culture as Sam would say, at the Getty Villa in the Santa Monica/ Malibu area. We had two failed attempts before this visit so we were excited to finally make it there. The Villa is modeled after other ancient Roman homes with beautiful gardens and pools with glimpses of the ocean, it is pretty spectacular. Unfortunately due to the drought in California the pools were not filled to help conserve water. Selfishly I was very disappointed!
 








 
 
We ended the day at one of Daddy's fave spots InandOut  with a delish cheeseburger :)
I said it on the day and I will say it again so grateful for this special guy that I get to do life with. He is such a great partner and daddy who works so hard to provide for his family so we can all enjoy life together. His number one priority is his family's health and happiness. He is so selfless and even after a long day at work he takes over to let me go to spin or get a coffee if I need some time for myself. Grateful for him in so many ways I couldn't put it into words. Love you to the moon and back

No comments:

Post a Comment